Translate this nonsense!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

When it rains, it POURS.

So I was ordered to redo my Final Year Project with new a new design criteria. So today, I was camping at uni trying to wait for the rain to stop so that I can get on with determining those criterias. But it never stopped. It just went on, and on, and on, much like the niagara falls, but ALL OVER THE PLACE.

I tried to keep myself entertained, singing songs, exercising, kicking the air, playing phone games etc. But the rain... the rain was just killing me bit by bit. So I decided to saw some wood I had left in my car just to kill the boredom, and there was an extra bit of wood (approx. 50cm) left over.

With the extreme amount of boredom and the NEED to expend energy and brain power, I invented the game now known as woodballminton. It's simple, all you need is:

1. 1 or 2 equally sized wooden planks
2. Some tissue paper
3. Some cellotape
4. Person playing the game

So what you do is roll the tissue paper up into a ball, tape it in all directions so that it stays in a ball form and so that it's waterproof *very handy during rain I tell you* and start hitting it with the plank.

You may sustain wrist injuries from the sheer weight of the wooden plank BUT IT IS FUN!!! I forced chinese to play it with me and he totally KO after 15 minutes. I think. And it's challenging too, because the ball is kinda light so it is often carried to a different direction by the winds/eddies around you.

I'm thinking of adding some ground rules to the game, namely no hitting the other player with the wooden plank and no disrespecting the ball. If the ball shows sign of dying, please protect it with more cellotape la. As the weight of the ball increases, the amount of energy you spend on playing that game also increases. GOOD CARDIO.

To play alone, just think of it as Pong. Try not to let the ball touch the ground or another way is to practice serving/smashing/curving the ball.

After typing all that out, I do realize that I was extremely bored and you should not judge me until you have played woodballminton. Side note, woodballminton also shown slight side effects of temporary memory loss:

Case (1): TEQ parks her car on the right, keeps thinking its on the left
Case (2): Chinese forgot to ask about external hard drive
Case (3): TEQ forgot to tell chinese to move WrtchdBtch to Block D until after reaching Block D.

NOW WHO WANTS TO PLAY SOME BALL???!

No comments:

Post a Comment